Tuesday, November 10, 2009

venusFlection: MARTIAN LOVE - You won't wife her if you do this and more!

I definitely had to post a response to ChiomaB's post. I think I'll focus on the dating aspect of what she posted. I've had issues with all of her major points except dating a cheapskate. Fortunately, I've never dated someone who expected me to pay for anything when we went out. I believe the man should always pay, however the woman should be considerate of his pockets every so often and treat him to dinner, etc. However ladies, if you should happen to be on a date with a guy and he informs that you you have to front your half (or...gulp...the entirety) of the bill, SHELL IT OUT GRACEFULLY! He already looks bad, but catching an attitude will then make you look bad. Stay the victim! LOL. If you were really interested in the guy before the "payment mishap" then find a blunt but nice way to inform him of how you feel. Quite frankly, before dating someone, gauge how much it means to you if a guy does or doesn't pay, and make sure your date is aware. Guys need and want to know what's expected of them. Most guys won't mind paying if they know upfront that's your standard. In fact make sure he knows how you expect to be treated on a date in general, and YOU should know how to be treated on a date as well!


How to be a Girl on a Date
underlined text is excerpted from "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" by Steve Harvey

  1. Don't tell him where you'd like to go. I hate when a guy says he wants to take me out and then I have to pick everything we do. A date is supposed to have romantic elements fellas, so find out what your potential date likes to eat, where she likes to dine, and then, YOU pick the place.
  2. Don't tell him you'll drive - let him get you to where you all need to go. I'm flexible on this one, and there are things about him that have to be on point in order for this to work. My mother did tell me that I am not a taxi cab.
  3. Don't tell him you want to go dutch - let him pay
  4. Don't invite him up for a nightcap - kiss him goodnight. Ladies, keep it simple, sometimes we get ahead of ourselves. PACE YOURSELF so you don't get caught up and get attached to soon. Point blank, don't make yourself to available and keep your legs closed for at least 90 days! The same goes for you fellas!

And let me point out that much of this I already felt strongly about prior to reading the book, the book just confirmed it from the older male perspective.


YOUR THOUGHTS?

1 comment:

  1. I feel that way too! Don't ask me to pick out a place for us to go. If you are asking ME OUT take ME OUT. Sheesh! If I have to pick the place then I might as well go by myself...

    ReplyDelete