Monday, November 2, 2009

Don't Match, Coordinate! Part II

We've talked coordinating colors, now let's talk coordinating pieces of clothing. It's about to get tricky. It's so much better to show this part of coordination in person, but we'll work with what we have. Peep the below picture:



There are times when my mood conflicts with what I should be wearing for wherever I'm going and what I'm doing there. If you're like me, don't fret! I love to look glamorous and dressy (the skirts) but at times I also want to be really casual (the tops). The above outfits work for me because dressy+ casual = a glamorous look. 

And why exactly do these outfits work?

  1. Colors should flow together and/or complement each other (which is not to say that they must be complementary colors).
  2. A dressy or flashy bottom does not always warrant a dressy or flashy top. Keep in mind the look that you are going for. Follow these steps: (a) find all of the pieces that match the look(s) that you are going for, even if you are contemplating two different looks, then (b) see which of the pieces can work together, disregarding which piece belongs to what look.
  3. When you have dynamic pieces, such as the skirts shown above, keeping the style (not necessarily the color or design) of the top simple can actually give more of a BANG! Dyanmic + Simple plays up the contrast between the articles of clothing and each piece ends up standing out while also flowing together. Dynamic + Simple also applies to pairing shoes with outfits, and this can be tricky.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?


Do you or someone else need help? Don't hesitate to email us!

2 comments:

  1. posh
    hey i am caroliina ( the girl from haute frontier)
    i just wanna to thank you for visiting my blog and commenting ( i know it still needs some work, like my picture soo working on it-camara broken-)
    anyway i just wanted to check your blog out and i think its aw!-mazeing :).
    i am soo going to follow it :)

    ReplyDelete