Friday, November 6, 2009

Fashion Flashbacks

ChiomaB

So I'm in line at Marshalls one Sunday evening feeling really good about the bargains I just found when I look down and notice a well pedicured foot entrapped in a pair of high heel thong sandals (or as I like to call them high heel flip flops). I say entrapped because I know if the lady's foot had a mind of its own it would have refused to have taken any part of being put in that shoe. First of all it was quite chilly outside and every other part of her body was covered up (she was wearing jeans and a sweater - why she chose to make her toes suffer is beyond me), and second of all that shoe trend is a blast from the past that, I believe, should be left in the past!


Posh Powell

Before I begin my Fashion Flashback, I have to say that I owned two pairs (black and white) of "high heel flips" back in the day. If I recall correctly, it was circa 2002-2003 when those were in style. I thought I was too cute!

Anyway, remember these ladies:


Yes, that would be THE good ol' Old Navy Performance Fleece from 1998. Do you remember the pandemonium??? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE had performance fleece; entire families were clad in performance fleece, looking like fleece rainbows. At the moment this is the only trend I can think of where children didn't mind dressing like their siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. My mother and I were no exception to this trend, hers was black and mine was a periwinkle-like color (yes periwinkle-like, not purple!). I basically lived in my performance fleece. I did everything but sleep in it...aaahhh the good old days. That was when shopping at Old Navy was soooooo cool. The lines in at the Old Navy near my house used to be outrageous every single weekend. And remember the commercials? Old Navy and Gap used to have the best commercials. I still remember them quite vividly. Does Old Navy even sell performance fleece anymore???

Because I love you guys:

Performance Fleece
Oh, it's fine.
Performance Fleece
I'll be there at nine!
Old Navy, Old Navy
Old Navy Performance Fleece!
Old Navy, Old Navy
Old Navy Performance Fleece!

And I had to do this:

Old Navy Performance Fleece commercial with "The Jeffersons"



YOUR THOUGHTS?


No comments:

Post a Comment