Monday, November 2, 2009

MARTIAN LOVE: You won't wife her if you do this and more!

We are citizens of Venus, but once in a while we like to show the Martians love too! This is a topic that has been on my mind for quite some time. When it comes to pursuing a woman, for some reason, a lot of guys just don't get it! Sooo being the nice, caring, generous, compassionate (and the list goes on lol) person I am, I've decided to help the bruthas out :)

First things
first fellas, you have to remember that we are not THAT much different than you! Yes, we like attention but too much kills us too. Posh Powell and I asked our female friends on Twitter and Facebook what their #1 dating deal breaker was, and the top response was a man that is too clingy. Let me spell it out for you => excessive phone calls/text messages are a NO, extreme persistence is a NO, and nagging is a definite NO! Guys you must learn how to take hints, especially the ones that are right in front of your face! I know all this sounds simple, but you will not believe how many women complain about guys that seem to think that by ignoring them we are actually giving them the green light to try harder. For the guys that are guilty of this, I encourage you to look up Albert Einstein's definition of insanity. Maybe that will give you a better understanding of where we're coming from.

On to the next...Let's talk about sex! Or maybe not? Another reoccuring response was talking about sex too much or too soon. Let's be real, we all think about it but does it really have to be the main topic of discussion? You can't blame us for wondering what your motives are when you immediately start talking about sex during the first conversation. Like one of our respondents said, "...if we get on that level that topic will show up in due time!" So guys, no need to rush the topic, we like our men patient ;)

I know it's 2009 going on 2010 and all, but many of the old rules of dating still apply. When you invite a woman out on a date, you should be prepared to pay for her and you damn sure shouldn't be expecting her to pay for you! Some women may be willing to fork up their half, but no woman likes a cheapskate so you should at least offer. Even if you're the type of guy that always pays a woman's way, you could still lose brownie points for coming with a budget for the date. I'm not saying you have to go all out to impress her, but if you are on a budget my advice to you is stick with Outback if you know you can't afford Morton's (PLEASE don't take that too literally lol).

Ok, so I gave you three of the most popular responses to our dating deal breakers questionnaire. Since I love my martians oooh so much I'm gonna leave you with the rest. Good luck fellas! Oh, and a very special thank you to all the ladies that responded to our dating deal breakers question!

OTHER DATING DEAL BREAKERS:
Ignorance, poor conversation, bad vocabulary
Bitchassness (sp?)
Cheesy feet, bad shoes, poor appearance in general
Poor hygeine (bad breath/body odor)
No sense of humor
Smoking
Bad Kisser
Dishonesty

7 comments:

  1. Very Very informative (hopefully guys will read it)! Guys need to realize that the whole "clingy" thing isn't a WOMAN thing....

    Also, the whole "who pays for dinner" issue is such a hot button. If YOU ask me out don't come to me about "what are WE gonna do about this bill". If you can't afford Ruth Chris or Sullivans don't take me there. Live within your means because I daggone will make sure I live within mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good! very well said!!!!
    esp. re: budget!!! I know theres many of us independent women and all but you touched on it correctly.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT... WELL STATED!

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its funny how guys get their wires crossed so much. Every male needs to read this article and realize that we don't like too clinginess. Give us a little mystery, to keep us wondering and wanting more!! Stop being so damn clingy lol, that's like my MAJOR pet peeve, and a nogo as far as a relationship chance with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Everyone male or female can relate I'm sure, I think the biggest thing to remember in most (Not all) situations is to give what you want in return. The reason I say most not all is because a man does not expect a women to open the door for him or take out the trash ect. Remember to show compasion, don't hit below the belt, be honest and open minded ect. Also, the guy should be prepared to pay on the first date however, some of them do not. If you're a lady you should also be prepared to pay your own way (just in case the guy is cheap)in my opinion the guy NOT paying for the first date is the equivalent of going out to eat, receiving great service and not tipping, it's just not classy! The guy should open the door for a lady, this is something that I do not see on the regular, what happened to the Gentlemen that you were excited to introduce to your dad because you knew he'd approve?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lamourbelle: Those gentlement aren't being raise by gentlemen. What I always say whenever I end up discussing relationships is that younger guys do not have enough influences from older males. When you're 22 and the only advice you're getting is from other 22 year olds then what is to be expected? There's nothing wrong with asking people in your age group for advice, but when you're all young, you're all still learning.

    ReplyDelete