Friday, October 2, 2009

POSH Powell Intro

I have been a PFG (partying and fashion girl) since I graduate college in May 2007. The fashion instinct has always been there, but I didn't develop into the social butterfly that I am today until after I graduated. Since then my life has revolved around the Washington, D.C. social scene for young African Americans, and I've loved every minute of it! My PFG status is in a bit of a hiatus since I am now enrolled in graduate school, but I will never be out of touch with my love for fashion and socializing/partying. Partnering with ChiomaB in doing this blog is an outlet for me, I don't want to ignore my other talents and interests.

My Personal Style: I am neither here nor there, but everywhere; I am a compilation. I can be edgy or a prim princess, glamorous or casual chic. This all reflects the different sides to my personality: the vixen, the ice princess, the cool kid, the sweetheart. 


My #1 Fashion Advice: Accessorize! Accessories make the outfit. A simple white t-shirt and jeans or leggings when paired with the right accessories can make you look and feel just as glamorous as if you were wearing the hottest freakum dress of the moment.

My Style Icons: Rihanna (cutting edge), Solange (dares to be different), and Kerry Washington (sophisticated jaw-dropping sex appeal). As far as males are concerned, I salivate over the wardrobes of Chris Brown, Kanye, and Jay-Z.


I'll leave you with one final thought and my favorite quote:  Fashion is not just about the clothes, but about the person who's wearing them. "A lady should always be two things, Classy and Fabulous." ~Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment