Friday, October 23, 2009

Fashion Flashbacks

Chioma B

JERSEY DRESSES & THROWBACK JERSEYS!!! (Circa 2002-2003)

I remember wanting a jersey dress soooo bad when I was a senior in high school! I never got one, and I'm glad I didn't because this is definitely a fashion flashback that I'm proud to say I wasn't a part of. Throwbacks for guys were big back then too, but I think they were way more popular in NY than in the DMV (DC, MD, VA area). If I had owned a jersey dress back then, I probably would've rocked them with some hightop Keds. SMH, thank God no such pictures of me will EVER surface LOL!





POSH Powell

This was taken in the spring of 2005. This was when I bought what I thought was cute but didn't think about if it was really worth it in the long run, or if it was really me. I didn't think about the future, as in "Will I still like this a month from now?" I thought about quality, but quantity was more fun. Seeing this now, I shake my head and am thankful that I am no longer caught in the trappings of the evil Wet Seal spirit. What in the world was I thinking?! Thinking back on the tube dress/top now, it reminds me of a cheap tablecloth or curtains belonging to a tacky 70 year old woman. And keeping that flower pin on that it came with? Not tres chic like I thought at the time. And then I have jeans on underneath? I can't. My saving grace is the Coach bag (keep in mind this was 2005), and the shades since they hide my face and I can deny this picture should it ever resurface at another time and place.


WHAT'S YOUR FASHION FLASHBACK?
Owned any of these items? If so, tell us about it!


Brave enough to share with others? Send a picture along with a short reflection piece to LilBeBe111@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment