Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TREND WATCH SP10: Oxford Flats

OXFORD FLATS
A classic look that has made a much deserved comeback. This trend started earlier this fall in the US, but it hasn't caught on as much as it should have, which is why I'm posting on it. It's such a casual look, yet it has more "umph", if you will, then say...regular ballet flats. For those of who you prefer a boyish twist to your feminine look, or more of a European flare, oxfords are right up your alley.


Steve Madden "Tuxxedo" Sale $49.95 (Reg. $89.95)
Shown above in black. Also available in black/white, cognac, and grey.

This is one of the more classic looks I've seen out. They look really nice in person in all colors, however, personally I feel that the grey looks more beige-y. I own them in black and they're comfortable and my new favorite pair of shoes. I wear them with leggings and with shorts and tights. In the spring I plan on wearing them more with skirts and floral dresses. I might purchase them in grey as well.
BC Footwear Women's Thunder Oxford $54.95 /  Endless.com
Shown in yellow, also available in black and nutmeg.
Franco Sarto $78.95 / zappos.com
Show in black, also available in off white and ocean (deep blue).
Steven by Steven Madden "Melin" $99.95 / zappos.com
Shown in black patent, also available in black/green patent, black/fuschia patent, black/ white patent, and cognac leather. All of the colors look great.

THE OXFORD LOOKS ABOVE NOT EXACTLY FOR YOU? TRY THESE LESS CLASSIC OXFORD-TYPE STYLES:
MIA "Backstage" $62.10 / zappos.com
Shown in black cracked metallic.
Leo's "Econo Jazz Oxford" $37.50 / zappos.com
Shown in white, also available in black and beige.
Bloch "Jazzsoft" $ 37.50 / zappos.com
Shown in tan, also available in black.

Gee Wawa Women's Moda Open Toe Oxford Sale $103.82 (Reg. $188.95) / Endless.com
Shown in pewter nevada, also available in black calf, brown calf, and gold nevada.


 Feeling like a little splurge?

Dieppa Restrepo  oxford in white on white coca $259
Also available in navy on grey coca.


Dieppa Restrepo oxford in camel $225
Also available in light grey/elephant, navy, patent vino (black).

This line is consists of gentleman inspired items and unisex merchandise. Click here to see more shoes. Unfortunately, I do not know where to purchase these shoes. I went to the website Dieppa Restrepo but couldn't get past the home page. I've tried contacting them but I am still waiting on a response.


Candela "Taylor Oxford Flat" $225 / neimanmarcus.com
Aslo available in black.
This shoe is toooooooo cute!

Marc by Marc Jacobs Sale $204 (Reg. 395) / zappos.com
Only 1 size left! Size 7.



Feeling like a bigger splurge?

Check out ChristianLouboutin.com to see some a fierce take on the oxford shoe. They have a force field around the pics so you can't copy of download them. Enter the site and go to collections > shoes > flats and check out the Fred Flat and the Freddy Flat.

Also check out esquivalshoes.com (unfortunately you can do no more than view the shoes on the homepage), and robertclergerie.fr (you can view the shoes online or download the catalog).

3 comments:

  1. Oxfords are fly hands down no comparison. The US is so slow when it comes to fashions though. Just about all my "fashionable" friends overseas have at least 4 pairs of Oxfords if not more.

    I need to jump on that bandwagon quick fast.

    Oxfords are the perfect style when your not really feeling 4 inch heels but your outfit needs some classic push. Love them!

    Hopefully more people will become hip to the goings on after reading your post. We shall see.

    xoxo
    A.Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh wows. I love that you made a post about the oxford flats. I have been searching everywhere for a descent pair. You can wear them with jeans leggings, and dresses. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE oxfords! I prefer the more pointed toe than the round ones. They have some at asos.com and urban outfitters that I like that are floral or more neutral tones. The ones I have are floral or neutral and then I have these bright red ones that instantly bring fun to my outfit. I have been waiting for the U.S. to catch up with this trend for the longest, because I was obsessed with them overseas and now I have to work with the few that I have...glad you made this post, more people need to op on them!

    ReplyDelete