Thursday, February 18, 2010

TREND WATCH SP10: Acid Wash

ACID WASH
For info on the jeans see bottom of post.

Sometimes you need to know if what you were a season or two ago is still cool to be wearing now, and I'm happy to see that acid wash is starting to appear again for the spring. It's one of my favorite trends and it's such a different look from the jeans we've gotten so used to wearing (destroyed, embellished, and paint splattered, and whiskered denim). I've seen acid wash jeans in some very nice colors in Urban Outfitters, unfortunately they're not available on the website (which is weird). The jeans came in navy blue and purple acid wash. I'm hoping to come across the purple again in my size. The purple looked kind of like these jeans:

If you haven't tried acid wash, I seriously suggest that you do! You might wonder "What in the hell would I wear with acid wash jeans?" but you can wear with everything you were wearing with the jeans already in your closet (I am speaking a bit loosely, but you get the idea).
POSH Powell Summer '09

In the above picture I'm rocking some acid wash jeans with 80s color inspiration. The jeans are a blue acid wash and I wore them with EVERYTHING. The color, print, and material of whatever else I wore (top, jacket, etc.) doesn't matter.


And if you're going to get a pair...

GET THEM IN COLOR! 

Do not be afraid to take risks and step outside boxes. As I've said before fashion is more than trends, allow all aspects of your personality to be reflected in your style! If your fun-loving and have even the smallest crazy side, then some acid wash jeans are right up your alley. Just be sure to properly pair colors and accessorize so that you don't end looking like an adolescent...unless you are an adolescent (no offense...).

I recently purchased these in grey from forever 21:
Heavy Mineral Skinny Jeans / $29.80 / Forever 21
Shown in blue, also available in grey.

They're a bit different than regular acid wash.* They don't look nearly as cheap in the store as they look online. They have a very forgiving fit and feel more like leggings than jeans.

*Acid wash is more streak-y and has more places where the original color of the jeans is completely washed out by the acid wash. Mineral wash is more pebble-y/grainy, if that makes any sense at all. The difference is obvious when you view for Forever 21 jeans in comparison to the Siwy jeans at the beginning of the post.

And on a tangent, I also wanted to purchase this pair:

Norma Washed Skinny Jean / $$27.80 / Forever 21

Unfortunately, there was too much material bunched up at the bottom since I'm so short. I don't mind some scrunching at the bottom but it was just too much for this pair. Anyway, they look great in person and fit nicely.

Jeans shown at the top:
Siwy Hanna Crop Jean in Tambourine / Sale $151.38 Reg $302.75 / bunnyhug.com
This were found on a European site, however they are made in the US so you should be able to find them available for sale on a US clothing site, and if you do let me know!

WHAT DO YOU THINK? 

1 comment:

  1. I think everything that is old is new again and acid wash is coming back in style. Slowly I can see it integrating more and more into the denim fabrics. I would wear it. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete