Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MCM: Just for the 80s?

This post was first published as a guest post by POSH Powell on Princess Dominique Dishes Fashion. Follow her on twitter: @MissPrincessDom.


Mode Creation Munich

I was born in '85 so although I don't remember the popularity of MCM I do remember hearing about the craze for the brand. You were IT in the 80s if you were wearing MCM. These days it's a very under-publicized brand. I was in Bloomingdale's about two months ago when I saw MCM's version of the speedy and I LOVED it! I actually prefer it over the LV speedy because it is more structured. I HATE how the LV speedy's sag at the bottom.
     I've viewed the MCM Spring/Summer 2010 collections and they have designed some really nice bags, One thing I really like is that they offer a lot of clutches, and in a variety of colors. I'm not sure which bag I want to purchase but of two things I am certain: that I WILL be purchasing one a little later in the year and that the thought of carrying a brand that the masses haven't been wearing is VERY appealing. Let the masses have Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Fendi,  Valentino, Marc Jacobs, etc. I'm looking to stand out. Peep a few items from the SS10 collections below:

Flower Breeze Collection
Medium Boston
Large Shopper
Semi Fashion Women
Mona
Drawstring




Marble Visetos
Large Shopper
Medium Cross Bag




Michalsky Catwalk
Clutch

Alda Women
Large Clutch
Large Blower




Cha Cha Candy
Clutch


Pop Python
Medium Satchel
Large Clutch




NY Collection Sportivo
Satchel
Bowler



SS10 Collections not shown are Basic Visetos, Paradise, Amazoness, Night Train, NY Collection Mirror Sportivo, NY Collection Annodare

Is this a popular brand? No it isn't, and there are some ignorant enough to call it passe. However MCM bags are very well made and can compete in beauty and style with the more popular brands. I'm loving what I'm seeing, and if you love it ladies, then shouldn't you wear it? Rihanna said "eff love" and I'm saying "eff trends" on this one. The phrase "be a leader, not a follower" also applies to everything, including fashion.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

No comments:

Post a Comment